Change all the text books.
My Very Elderly Mother Just Sat Upon Nine ?
Astronomers can only count to eight.
At a recent meeting of International Astronomical Union (IAU) it was decided to redefine what constitutes a planet. As a result Pluto changed its status and is no longer classified as a planet. And is now only a”dwarf planet”.
So it looks like what kids are taught at school will have to change. And the mnemonics too.
I wonder what Astrologers will do? When Pluto was discovered they had to change Astrology to incorporate Pluto (part of the Age of Aquarius). And now will this just write it out again?
All the fun things you can do by removing a planet.
- Pluto may lose planet status – SMH 10 March 2006
- Scientists debate Pluto’s planet status – SMH 14 August 2006
- Pluto on the outer in space debate – SMH 23 August 2006
- One in solar plexus for Pluto – SMH 25August 2006
- Pluto stripped of planet status – SMH 25 August 2006
- Online Sellers Profit From Pluto’s Woes – SMH 26 August 2006
- No more pizzas – Suntimes 31August 2006
- Eyewitless News: Save Pluto
- Mnemonic eclipsed – SMH 22 August 2006
- English mnemonics (The Planets of the Solar System) – Wikiquote
- Astrological age (The Age of Aquarius) – Wikipedia