I know a baby that has recently discovered sultanas, or ‘tanats‘ as they are called.
It seems Sunbeam has found bits of metal in some of its dried foods recently and is doing a product recall. Guess which company packages the tanas that are being eatern.
Some articles/posts I found on the recall:
- Sunbeam Fruit Recall (Essential Baby 23/09/2006)
- Angas Park and Sunbeam brand dried fruits (Product Recalls Australia 14/09/2006)
- Natural Country brand dried fruits (Product Recalls Australia 15/09/2006)
- Dried fruits – foreign matter (metal fragments) 13 September 2006 (Food Standards Australia New Zealand 13/09/2006)
- Sunbeam Foods recalls products (ABC 14/09/2006)
- Sunbeam issues product recall (Ninemsn 22/09/2006)
- Product Recall Information (Sunbeam Food site)
- Sunbeam recalls fruit over metal fears (News.com.au 22/09/2006)
While looking for info about the Sunbeam recall I also found this article about the Sunbeam/Angas PArk merger:
- 2004, ACCC ejournal no. 10 (search for Sunbeam on the page)